Mounting work pressures, too little time, keeping your knowledge base up-to-date, checking out the competition: we all have to find a way of dealing with todays tidal wave of information. One highly effective solution is speed reading - a technique that is not just about reading fast, but about making your whole reading process more efficient.
This speed reading and information management course will help delegates to sift through the glut of information that bombards them, identify the important items, read them rapidly and assimilate the information they need to retain. The simple but effective techniques that we teach enable virtually everyone to achieve reading speeds of 1,000 words per minute with good comprehension.
The programme covers the following:
- Welcome and introductions
- What slows you down?
- Your reading baseline
- How the eyes work
- Six techniques for reading faster
- The high speed skim
- Exercises for relaxing the eyes and developing the vision
- Stretching speed and comprehension
- Styles of reading
- Note-taking and recall
- A process for studying effectively
- Tips for speed reading success
- Recap and review
- Planning the next steps
This Speed Reading & Information Management training course is available throughout the UK.
CPD Value 5.5 Hours
- How to browse quickly and effectively
- Three techniques for gaining a brief overview of what you are reading
- Six skills which will improve your reading speed
- Exercises to help you read faster and understand more of what you have read
- Exercises for improving your eyesight and avoiding eyestrain
- Techniques for helping you to remember what you read
- How to select an appropriate reading approach
- A process for studying more effectively.
Our Nottingham training venue
This course is available in the following locataions:
Speed Reading & Information Management London
Speed Reading & Information Management Bristol
Speed Reading & Information Management Manchester
Speed Reading & Information Management Edinburgh
Speed Reading & Information Management Birmingham
Speed Reading & Information Management Leeds