When performance is measured and reported the rate of performance improvement accelerates.
This course enables appraisers at all levels of an organisation to recognise the importance and benefits of an appraisal system and develop appropriate appraisal techniques.
The course revisits the purposes of appraisals, the intended outcomes and the issues of performance. You have the opportunity to put the practice of appraisal interviewing into effect throughout the day. It concentrates on building your confidence in undertaking a successful appraisal programme. It looks at pre-appraisal issues as well as the follow-up requirements.
Attitudes and behaviours are discussed as well as understanding how to overcome appraisal concerns. The structure of an appraisal interview is covered along with questioning and listening skills and target setting.
This Managing Appraisals course is available throughout the UK.
CPD Value 5.5 Hours
- A greater confidence in handling appraisals
- An understanding of the purpose and benefits of appraisals
- The development of practical skills in successful appraisal handling
- The ability to structure an appraisal process and the interview
- The ability to deal with behavioural issues
- The development of a workable action plan for implementation back in the office
Our Birmingham training venue