This course suits any manager who needs to understand the key aspects of HR related activities and how to manage them effectively. It will provide a clear process of how to stay within employment law, recruit and select new employees, conduct structured and competent interviews, deal with difficult people, stress, attitudes and styles, and manage performance pro actively. The course will clearly demonstrate the ‘what to’ and ‘what not to do’ in each section and provide a logical process to follow. The course will close with the creation of a personal action plan for participants to take back to their workplace.
All too frequently, managers regard people issues to be the responsibility of the HR department. This course will provide managers with a clear understanding of their responsibilities, plus offer a selection of tips and techniques on how to manage the ‘people’ issues and to do so with confidence.
This HR Skills For Line Managers course is available throughout the UK.
CPD Value 5.5 Hours
- A clear understanding of some of the basic elements of employment law and how to adhere to them.
- Appreciation of the differences between recruitment and selection and how to apply a logical process for each stage.
- A chance to create a job description and understand the core requirements and alternative uses.
- How to conduct successful interviews and ensure all applicants receive a fair and equal opportunity to present themselves for selection.
- A chance to identify (and provide solutions) how people’s attitudes to their role can change when they are under pressure or simply having a bad day.
- How to deal with different types of conflict, difficult people and how to handle each situation/type of person with confidence.
- An understanding of what causes stress, how to recognise it in others and how to provide support to remove the cause and/or eliminate the effects.
- A greater understanding of the key stages and the manager’s role in maintaining pro active performance management for everyone’s benefit.
- The creation of a personal action plan that provides the manager with relevant actions to take back into the workplace.
Our Nottingham training venue
This course is available in the following locataions:
Introduction to HR Skills London
Introduction to HR Skills Bristol
Introduction to HR Skills Manchester
Introduction to HR Skills Edinburgh
Introduction to HR Skills Birmingham
Introduction to HR Skills Leeds