This course gives you all the knowledge, confidence and skills to effectively recruit and select the best candidates for your vacancy. It gives you up-to-date legislation affecting the recruitment process and gives you an understanding of how employment law, equality and diversity apply to each part of finding the right candidate. In 2 days you gain a logical understanding of the step by step process from pre-recruitment right up to induction methods and retainment of staff
Two-day course outline
- An understanding of legislation that affects the recruitment process
- How to write a job description and job specification
- What to write in a job advert and which ones gain the most success
- Do’s and don’t in terms of advertising jobs
- Develop excellent interview methods and understand the value of criteria-based interviewing.
- Gain confidence in communication skills to make all your candidates feel at ease and give the best of themselves.
- Understand the importance of good documentation.
- Practice interview skills within a supportive environment.
- After hiring, understanding the induction process and what needs to be covered.
- How to retain staff with the help of a great induction process and development plan.