Given the unprecedented times we are living in as the COVID-19 pandemic picks up speed, many businesses are being forced to evolve and change. For us at PTP this has meant looking for new ways to allow organisations and individuals to continue essential training, building resilience into a workforce to cope with uncertainty and allowing for ongoing development. That’s why we have launched Face-to-Face Live – a series of training sessions that delegates can join as part of a public group or which can be organised on a one to one basis with a PTP Trainer provided the training live.
Why are we launching Face-to-Face Live?
Moving training online in this way takes into account the reality for many businesses that a large percentage of a workforce may now be working from home. In-person training sessions are not currently practical but the technology and infrastructure exists to continue to deliver this online. PTP has created a series of 20+ courses that are now public sessions that anyone can join online, including those focusing on key topics such as Managing Remote Teams and Managing Change. It’s crucial for staff and organisations not to stagnate during this uncertain time and access to relevant training offers an opportunity for progress and ongoing development among staff. It can also help to provide structure where employees are struggling with home working and improve focus and motivation.
What are the benefits of online training?
Online training gives businesses and employees options when it comes to individual professional development that can contribute to overall business growth. These are just a few of the advantages of using it.
- Online training can fit in around existing obligations and responsibilities, whether that is the need for parents to handle childcare or in a situation where an individual is sick. One to one training sessions are especially flexible and can be booked for a time that best suits the individual.
- Being part of a community. Especially now with citizens being instructed to stay at home the potential negative impact of isolation is very real. Online training provides an opportunity to be part of a community and build networks even in these times of social distancing.
- It’s incredibly easy for anyone to access online training – delegates just need an internet connection and a computer or device to do so.
- A wealth of resources. As well as live training sessions, online resources may include one to one support, downloadable notes and materials, assessments and videos. Technology provides many opportunities to reinforce and review time that has been invested in online training to ensure that the learning really sinks in.
- There is plenty of evidence to suggest that online learning is incredibly effective when it comes to information retention. In fact, it can have more impact as a result of the variety of tools available and the flexibility when it comes to schedules.
What makes Face-to-Face different to many other online learning tools, is that our trainers will be delivery the training live specifically to you or your team, that means they can teach at your pace, be available to answer any questions and talk further about anything you need more help understanding.
PTP Face-to-Face Live is now up and running and you can already book in to the public sessions for April and May. If you’re keen to maintain professional development and motivation no matter what this crisis brings, a resource such as this could be key.