PTP’s 2-day Practical Project Management Training course was applauded by Anna Simpson of the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority.
I learnt so much! It was very geared towards my needs, has given me a much better understanding of project management and what it is to be a project manager and how to successfully deliver a project.
This course is designed for those who need a practical hands-on approach to managing projects, without it getting “heavy”. It covers all aspects of a project’s life cycle, from the project start-up sequence, application of monitoring & control to keep it on-track, and includes the activities required to close a project. Whilst the majority of the course deals with project management structure, aspects of managing the people on projects are included through team activities. Delegates are encouraged to think about their actual projects during the course and they have to opportunity to apply useful tools to a project of their choice.
Training benefits of PTP’s Project Management Training Course
- An understanding of how project work differs from normal daily work.
- An awareness of the key roles and responsibilities on a project.
- A step-by-step approach to starting up a project, which includes a project prioritising tool.
- A tool to manage project risks.
- Descriptions of key project documents.
- How to apply planning tools to identify the critical parts of projects.
- Methods to adopt which keep a project on track.
- Steps to close a project.
- Team exercises to explore both project methodology and project team dynamics.
- The opportunity to resolve delegates project issues.
More praise PTP’s Project Management Training Course
Excellent project management course well split up and adapted to answer my questions on dealing with risk/anticipating problems.
– Duncan Grassie, Eclipse Petroleum Technology Ltd
Thoroughly enjoyable and learned a huge amount about project management that I know will enable me to progress further in my career. Excellent tutor. Thanks.
– Alex Fereday, Leafield Logistics
Very beneficial course, practical team exercises really cemented learning. Good balance between theory and practice
– Shona Wright, Brunel University
To view the full timetable and fortchcoming dates for PTP’s Project Management Training Course please click here