This course is designed for those who need a practical hands-on approach to managing projects, without it getting “heavy”. It covers all aspects of a project’s life cycle, from the project start-up sequence, application of monitoring & control to keep it on-track, and includes the activities required to close a project. Whilst the majority of the course deals with project management structure, aspects of managing the people on projects are included through team activities. Delegates are encouraged to think about their actual projects during the course and they have to opportunity to apply useful tools to a project of their choice.
This Practical Project Management (2 day course) course is available throughout the UK.
CPD Value 11 Hours
- An understanding of how project work differs from normal daily work.
- An awareness of the key roles and responsibilities on a project.
- A step-by-step approach to starting up a project, which includes a project prioritising tool.
- A tool to manage project risks.
- Descriptions of key project documents.
- How to apply planning tools to identify the critical parts of projects.
- Methods to adopt which keep a project on track.
- Steps to close a project.
- Team exercises to explore both project methodology and project team dynamics.
- The opportunity to resolve delegates project issues.
Our London training venue
020 7959 6065
PTP's Minories venue is in the heart of the City of London. The venue has great transport links with several tube stations within a 5 minute walk. It has free wi-fi and unlimited refreshments throughout the day. The lunch buffet which is included in all full day PTP courses is excellent.
The best way to get to the venue is to use public transport. The closest Tube station is Aldgate, which is on the Circle line and Metropolitan line. When you come out of the station, cross the road and walk to the right. Take your first left which brings you on to the Minories and our venue is less than a minute away. There are numerous buses that pass within a very short walk.
If you do get lost, please call our venue on 020 7959 6065 and they will guide you in.
This course is available in the following locataions:
Practical Project Management (2 day course) Bristol
Practical Project Management (2 day course) Manchester
Practical Project Management (2 day course) Leeds
Practical Project Management (2 day course) Edinburgh
Practical Project Management (2 day course) Nottingham
Practical Project Management (2 day course) Birmingham